Two hearts are better than one.

OMG, OMG, OMG! We saw our baby’s heart beat the other day! We are 6+ weeks into the pregnancy and I haven’t really felt any symptoms so it almost didn’t seem real. But, as soon as we saw the little flutter of a heart beat on the scan monitor it became so much more real. How crazy to think that I have two hearts inside of me right now, mine and the baby’s. Because it is still so early in my pregnancy the doctor wasn’t able to get an accurate measurement so I will have to go in again next week for another scan, which is totally fine with me. I feel lucky that we got to see the heart beat so early. Most people don’t have a scan until 12 weeks, but because we went through IVF the clinic preforms a 6 weeks scan before they release you to your regular GP. Anyhow, next weeks appointment will confirm this, but the tentative due date is May 13th, 2011. Just after Mother’s Day!

babyearth.com

10 thoughts on “Two hearts are better than one.

1. Denise says:

seeing/hearing the heartbeat is the best! such a flood of emotions as the reality sinks in. mother's day… happiness.

2. Unfinished says:

OMG! OMG! I just glanced at your title and I thought you were saying there were two new heartbeats. How could there be two when they only transferred one embryo. There's only one way, identical twins from that one egg. But then I read more slowly. Whew! The baby's heartbeat and yours. Got it. Love, Mom aka Nana to 9.

3. Jennifer says:

Yeah, I realized that the title was a little misleading after I had already posted it. Sorry. Just one bebe in there.

4. Gussy says:

hey girl — visiting from Lindsey's blog :] congratulations on your little baby! sooooooo amazing and I totally gasped when I saw the positive pregnancy test!!!!!!!!! yay yay

5. Hi Jennifer,I came over from Lindsey's blog (LOVE her!)- wanted to say CONGRATS! I had a May baby and it was wonderful. Good luck on this amazing journey!

6. I Sew Lucky says:

Hi there! Came from Lindsey's blog! How exciting for you!! I have 5 kids and it still was exciting every time!!! Congrats to you!

7. Congrats! I am visiting from Linsdey's blog. What wonderful news…I love hearing successful IVF stories…they are the best. We have 3 year old twin girls…from IVF.Enjoy and praying for you guys!

8. MamaBug says:

Came over from your sisters site…so happy for you and your hubby! The heartbeat is the most amazing moment! Many best wishes for a wonderful pregnancy!

9. MamaBug says:

Forgot to mention, my birthday is May 12th…I am a Mother's Day baby! What a wonderful holiday that will be for you this year!

10. Lorie says:

Congratulations! I stopped by from your sisters blog!